At Maypole Primary School we value and celebrate every individual; inclusion is central to our ethos and to the culture of the entire school community.
We aim to achieve educational inclusion by……
- Ensuring that every child feels valued for what they bring to our school community
- Identifying and overcoming potential barriers to learning and assessment
- Responding sensitively and appropriately to diverse learning needs
- Setting challenging, aspirational learning targets for all children
Mrs Brown is our school Inclusion Manager, if you would like to speak with Mrs Brown please make an appointment via the school office on 01322 523850 or contact her by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are passionate about meeting the needs of all our pupils whether these are academic, social or emotional and all children have equal access and opportunity to participate in every aspect of school life. Every one of our pupils is given the support they need in order to reach their full potential.
From 1st September 2014, the new Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice 0-25 became statutory for schools.
The code explains the duties of schools and colleges to provide….
- reasonable adjustments for disabled children and young people
- auxiliary aids and services to disabled children and young people
Please click on the link below to read the new SEND Code of Practice.
This should be used alongside the SEND: guide for parents and carers’.
The Local Offer
Under the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice 0-25, Local authorities must publish a Local Offer, setting out in one place information about provision they expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people in their area who have SEN or are disabled, including those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.
Please click on the link below to read more about the Kent Local Offer.
How we aim to meet the Local Offer and the requirements of the New SEND Code of Practice………
At Maypole Primary School we believe in inclusion, determination aspiration, respect and excellence for all.
- We aim to meet the needs of individual pupils through highly effective teaching, learning and feedback.
- There will be an emphasis on the early identification of needs through supportive and preventative strategies with barriers to learning being addressed as necessary.
- We develop effective partnerships with pupils, parents/carers, specialist staff both within school and externally as well as with the Education
- Authority to ensure we can effectively meet a broad range of needs.
- We undertake rigorous systems to monitor pupil progress, aid academic and personal achievement and remove barriers to learning and use self-evaluation and
- reflection in order to develop and improve our ability to meet the needs of all pupils, including those with SEND.
In order to support learning, resilience and independent living skills in all of our pupils, we run the following additional and different support for children with SEND alongside Quality First Teaching for all.
Cognition and Learning
Social, emotional and Mental Health
Sensory and Physical
The following organisations and charities are able to provide advice and support for parents/ carers of children with SEND. Please click on the logos to find out more