At Maypole Primary School our aim is to provide the highest quality pastoral care throughout the school. All staff work together to help pupils at Maypole achieve their best, educationally, socially and emotionally.
Every member of staff is committed to supporting the emotional health and well-being of all our children and their families. We are happy to speak to pupils and parents/carers about any concerns they may have. However, we also have a dedicated Pastoral Care Team, led by Mrs Jacqui Brown, Assistant Headteacher who is responsible for ‘Inclusion’ within the school. Her work is supported by all staff but particularly Mrs C Crow, Pastoral Support Worker and Mrs Jacquie Hart, School Counsellor.
Our children are encouraged to make the most of their time at Maypole Primary School, so every effort is made to remove obstacles to successful learning and to equip young people with the confidence and skills to be enthusiastic learners and effective members of the community.
Our aims are:
- To provide an environment which will support the emotional health and well-being of all our pupils.
- To support and empower families who are experiencing challenges.
- To meet the differing needs of all our children so that each unique child is equipped with life-long skills.
- To help our children develop empathy for social, spiritual, emotional and physical needs within the school.
- To maintain an atmosphere in which children feel secure, are encouraged in their learning, growth and social development and know that they are valued within a healthy and safe environment.
- To model for parents/carers that their children are being educated in a safe and nurturing environment.
- To motivate pupils to recognise and reflect upon our core values which are: Inclusion, Determination, Aspiration, Respect and Excellence.
- To promote positive relationships with parents/carers through good communication and interaction.
- To enhance parental awareness of how children learn and the importance of education.
- To work with a range of stakeholders, parents, support staff, outreach agencies and other schools to ensure the best outcomes for every pupil.
Support in School
We have two ‘Friendship Clubs’ which run every lunchtime, one in the Rainbow Room and the other in the Reception Playground. Both clubs are supervised by members of staff who are available to talk and play with children who may be feeling vulnerable.
Peer Support for children
At Maypole School we believe that with the right training and support, children can help each other to manage low level situations in the playground. This works really well and the children enjoy helping one-another. Adults are always supervising and will assist if needed. The children learn to respect one-another and this inclusive approach helps to boost self-esteem amongst pupils.
If you would like support with any issue, school or home related, please get in touch today
- Speak to any member of staff you feel comfortable talking to.
- Contact Mrs Jacqui Brown via the school office.
- Contact Mrs Claire Crow via the school office.
Other organisations that may be helpful…..
Childline telephone number: 0800 1111